Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Can I choose the attorney that will be appointed to represent me?

If you are a victim of a crime, the District Attorney will assign himself/herself or an assistant district attorney to prosecute the case on behalf of you and the State.

If you are the defendant in a case, you should hire a private attorney of your choice to represent you in legal proceedings. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may have the option to obtain a court appointed attorney. Should you be convicted, you may have to reimburse the state for the cost of this attorney.


This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Criminal issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Criminal legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Criminal Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions