Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Can my landlord change my locks without notifying me?

If the lease is still current, a landlord may not change a lock without notifying the tenant and providing a key to the tenant. Only a sheriff can padlock the doors upon a summary ejectment proceeding and the subsequent 10-day appeal period.

Housing Lease Agreement 

This information applies to Forsyth County in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Housing issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Housing legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Housing Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions