Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Can my spouse get a court order to see texts I sent to another person?

Yes, your spouse may be able to obtain a subpoena that would demand your service provider to turn over those records (if they are still available). This is a hot issue right now in divorces.

Electronic evidence, including e-mails, text messages and Facebook and other social media pages, are increasingly being used in divorces in North Carolina and elsewhere. This evidence can be used for many reasons, particularly to establish marital misconduct such as adultery or to show alcohol and/or drug abuse (factors in alimony awards and child custody decisions).

Most service providers will require a subpoena before they turn over those records. However, these records may be more difficult to obtain as time passes.


This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Divorce issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Divorce legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Divorce Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions