Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

My parent is having difficulty making decisions. How can I help him/her?

If your parent has sufficient mental capacity, you should consider suggesting she execute a power of attorney suited to her needs which will allow you to act as her agent. There is a whole range of documents which your mother can execute to enable persons to act on her behalf. If she does not have that level of mental capacity, North Carolina law allows you to file a petition in court in which you ask a judge to appoint you as her guardian.


This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Elder issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Elder legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Elder Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions