Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Since I own my own corporation, may I represent my business in the district or superior court?

No. Established case law and statutory law provide that a corporation may not practice law in North Carolina. Accordingly, a corporation is well-advised to obtain an attorney should it desire to try a legal issue in North Carolina courts. While a non-lawyer may represent a corporation in small claims court, that option is not available should the case be appealed de novo to the district court.

Civil Litigation 

This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Civil issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Civil legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Civil Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions