Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

The house I am selling is in my name only. Does my spouse have to attend the closing?

Yes, your spouse must also sign the deed. This is because spouses have potential property rights in any real property their spouse owns, and they must release those rights if the property is conveyed. This is true even if you, the owning spouse, got the property before you were married, or inherited the property from your family, or you have a prenuptial agreement.

Real Estate  

This information applies to Wake County in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Real Estate issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Real Estate legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Real Estate Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions