Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

The other parent has violated our child custody order. What can I do?

You can file a Motion for Order to Show Cause or Motion for Contempt to ask the judge to hold the other parent in contempt of court for violating the order. If the judge finds that the other parent violated the order, the judge will decide the appropriate penalty. Penalties for contempt of court can include a verbal reprimand, a fine, jail time, or requiring the party in contempt to pay the other party’s attorney’s fees.

Child Custody  

This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Child Custody issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Child Custody legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Child Custody Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions