Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

What if I want to get someone out of my home, but we never signed a lease?

Leases can be written or oral. However, a person allowed to live in someone else’s home without any agreement to pay rent or become a tenant is a guest. The eviction process is intended for tenants, and also gives tenants certain rights, including written notice of the claims against them and the opportunity for a hearing in which they can present a defense. Guests do not have these rights, and guests who refuse to leave the property may be removed either by the police or through a trespass warrant issued by a magistrate.

Housing Eviction 

This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Housing issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Housing legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Housing Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions