Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

What licenses and permits do I need to start my business?

As you might expect, the required licenses/permits that a small business will need vary based upon the business industry and also based upon the location of the business. Your business licenses and permits can be issued at the federal, state, county or city levels. Nearly all businesses need some type of state/county/city license, and most businesses also need a State Department of Revenue account and a Federal Employment Identification Number (EIN). You may also need other business licenses/permits as well, such as zoning permits, sales licenses, health permits, sellers permits, etc.

For free help getting your licenses/permits questions answered, particularly on topics involving licensing, regulatory requirements, etc., you can reach Business Link North Carolina at (800) 228-8443.


This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Business issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Business legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Business Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions