Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Who can file a petition to have someone found incompetent?

Any person, including a relative, friend, medical provider, or any State or local human services agency, through an authorized representative, can file a verified petition with the court. The petitioner is responsible for presenting evidence at the hearing to prove by clear, cogent and convincing evidence that the respondent is incompetent, which may include subpoenaing witnesses to testify.


This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Guardianship issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Guardianship legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Guardianship Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions