Court Help Virtual Assistant

  • If your viewing our website with a Desktop computer, visit us on your iPhone or Android mobile phone.

  • Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.

Who pays my medical bills if I'm injured in a car wreck?

If you were injured in a car wreck and were not at fault, you will likely be making a claim for medical bills with the insurance company of the at-fault driver. That said, there are a number of additional factors to be aware of. For example, insurance companies will not “pay as you go”, meaning they will not reimburse you for each doctor visit one at a time. The insurance company may also want you to sign a broad medical release that would allow them to get your medical records from years before the wreck. Additionally, if you need extended medical treatment, you need to be aware that North Carolina has a limited window of time within which to file a claim, so you want to be careful not to miss that deadline. There may be other ways to get some of your medical expenses paid in the meantime including things like filing your own health insurance and collecting the med pay from your own auto insurance policy.

Personal Injury Vehicle Accident 

This information applies to All Counties in North Carolina.


Find an Experienced Attorney to help you with your Personal Injury issues!

Find experienced lawyers in North Carolina, ready to assist you with your Personal Injury legal / court needs.

View North Carolina Personal Injury Attorneys
Find a North Carolina Attorney

Find Answers to Your Legal Questions